Grab life by the scruff and shake it til it squeeks!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ferret mobility issues -- bathtub

Do your ferrets ever get stuck in the bathtub? Sometimes my old ferrets would be able to crawl into the tub, but not get back out. So we brainstormed the problem, and came up with a solution that is kind of like a wheelchair ramp. Notice that the board has some ridges cut into it, to provide better traction. Without traction, it was a bit too steep for the less-agile ferrets to use.
Genghis uses the ramp and stool arrangement to enter the tub

Now they love to climb in and spill the water that I leave in there for them. They're happy because they get to spill things, one of a ferret's favorite pastimes. I'm happy because they're spilling it in a bathtub with a drain, so I don't have to clean up the mess.

Attilla runs up while Genghis spills some water.
When it's time to use the tub, I just remove the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment